The event is over now but the discussion goes on. Feel free to share your thoughts below. We've posted videos and interesting links below.
Here are some examples of what's been written about the Tech@State: Data Visualization conference that took place on September 23rd-24th.
8:00 AM - Doors Open
8:50 - 9:00 AM - Introduction
Suzanne Hall - MC
Senior Advisor for Innovation, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
9:00 - 9:15 AM - Welcome
Assistant Secretary of State, Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs
9:15 - 10:15 AM - Keynote Address - 'Policy and Technology'
10:15 - 10:30 AM - Coffee Break
10:30 - 11:25 AM - Panel on 'Development Challenge: Open Data to Making Sense of Data'
Jean-Louis Sarbib, Development Gateway
Aleem Wajli, World Bank Institute
Stuart Gill, Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery
Charles Kenny, Center for Global Development
11:25 AM - 12:20 PM - Panel on 'Latest Trends on Data Visualization'
Adam Bly, Seed Media Group
Jonathan Cousins, Cousins & Sears Creative Technologists
David Bolinsky, XVIVO
David McConville, Elumenati
12:30 - 1:30 PM - Lunch
--- Afternoon Breakouts ---
1:30 - 3:00 PM
1. Supporting Disaster Response and Coordination - Panelists Bios & Photos
2. Visualizations for Aid Transparency and Management - Panelists Bios & Photos
3. Best Practices for Visualization Interoperability - Panelist Bios & Photos
4. State Department and USAID Data Visualization Projects - Panelist Bios & Photos
3:00 - 3:30 PM - Coffee Break
3:30 - 5:00 PM
1. Using Climate and Health Data to Monitor Food Insecure Areas - Panelist Bios & Photos
2. Mobile Technology and New Media: Trends and Opportunities - Panelist Bios & Photos
3. Turning Information into Insight - Panelist Bios & Photos
4. New Ways to Visualize Development Data - Panelist Bios & Photos
The second day of the event is an unconference, meaning attending participants will be devising the sessions and agenda they desire with themselves as presenters. The day is much more fluid but very constructive just the same.
8:00 AM - Doors Open
9:00 AM - Introduction and Order of the Day
Wayne Moses Burke, Open Forum Foundation
9:15 AM - 12:00 PM - Morning Sessions
12:00 - 1:00 PM - Lunch
1:00 - 4:00 PM - Afternoon Sessions